Taste classically-inspired cocktails and learn about the Uptown neighborhoods' special history of art deco architecture, theaters, and culture.
- Sample four cocktails poured by top Bay Area mixologists
- Learn the backstories behind the recipes and ingredients
- Peek behind-the-scenes at the historic Fox Theater
- Two snacks, including a luscious grilled cheese made with handmade mozzarella
- This is a perfect after-work outing for friends and co-workers!
Duration: 2.5 Hours
Avg. Distance: 8 Blocks
Starting Location: near 17th and Broadway in Uptown Oakland map
Date and Time: Thursdays beginning at 7pm
Price Includes: food, drinks, and gratuities for bartendersMore Info»
It’s easy to notice the bold deco styles and bright lights of historic theater marquees when you ramble around the Bay Area. Oakland’s especially lucky to have the theaters of film rivals Paramount and Fox still intact, placed just blocks apart to woo the crowds. In between these two historically-renovated spaces are a constellation of cocktail denizens, each with their own Retro-infused vibe. One is owned by a talented furniture designer, another is the boozy offshoot from one of San Francisco’s most prized kitchens, yet another makes vintage highballs and are so serious about their grilled cheeses that they lit up a marble-countered mini-room just for the job. We’ll get a scoop of the architectural and historical highlights, toast Gertrude Stein, peek inside a theater, learn how to mix and muddle, and of course there will be cocktails-o-plenty to taste.